Re: RFS: blueman

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:31:42 +0100
> Christopher Schramm <debian@shakaweb.org> wrote:
>
>> In my eyes blueman could be a real deal for lightweight desktops.
>
> gpe-bluetooth is designed for that kind of environment - how does this
> one differ?

I'm not familiar with gpe-bluetooth, but the advantages of blueman are
obvious; gpe's description says it brings a file transfer interface and
PAN functionality. Beyond that blueman manages input and audio devices
and makes use of G3/EDGE/GPRS dial-up. And it brings it's own dialogues
for sending, receiving and browsing files. And it's nice looking too.

I don't know any other bluetooth manager that targets all those basic
bluetooth tasks (looking good doing so) and isn't bound to Gnome, KDE or
whatever other software suite. Not in Debian and not even anywhere else.
Of course I will accept if you can show me one I missed.