Re: adapting a dpatch to changed source: how?

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 20:50 +0000, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

> So take it out of place. A dpatch is two things: the patch file, and its
> entry in debian/patches/00list. Take its entry out, and
> dpatch-edit-patch won't try to apply it.
>
> rm it, and remove its entry in 00list.

Ok, dpatch-edit-patch still applies all the other patches (although the
patch I want to create is the first in the series). It is just by
coincidence that none of these patches relies on the problematic patch
being applied first.

Also, dpatch-edit-patch invokes the clean target of the rules files,
which cannot work until I have that patch in place. A chicken and egg
problem?

All I want to do is create a dpatch compatible patch from two files. Why
is there no "dpatch create <file1> <file2>"?

Best regards,

Andreas