Re: RFS: qrupdate

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hm, I don't see this...
>>
>> Look at the diff.gz with less.
>
> I don't see it there either. Heisenbug.

hexedit says byte 0x7 of debian/control is a tab (0x09) rather than a
space (0x20). Anyway, not a big deal.

> Oh, I forgot one thing. The Perl version. Does it matter if it's 5.10?
> Should I try to track down the earliest Perl version that works for
> this script? 5.10 is lenny, wouldn't backporters have to backport to
> lenny anyways?

Just tested it on an etch system (perl 5.8.8), worked fine. I really
doubt that it requires any recent version of perl.

I think you missed my debhelper 7 comment?

> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qrupdate/qrupdate_1.0-1.dsc

More comments:

The package FTBFS in a clean chroot. Please always test in a clean
chroot with sbuild/pbuilder/cowbuilder/qemubuilder/etc.

I see lots of warnings from dpkg-shlibdeps, you might want to
investigate and contact upstream about them

lintian gives one --pedantic warning, please encourage upstream to add
a NEWS or ChangeLog file:

P: libqrupdate1: no-upstream-changelog

There are no header files in the -dev package, does fortran not need
external headers to be able to link to the library ?

You don't handle DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS noopt or parallel=n, please check
the debian-policy for info on that.

I assume you've read libpkg-guide?

Is the static library needed? Debian tends towards not installing them
where possible.

build-stamp should depend on $(QUILT_STAMPFN) instead of patch.

configure/configure-stamp don't do anything, you can probably drop them.

I would assume libqrupdate1 would mainly be installed automatically
and the -dev package would be installed manually by people wanting to
use the library. If that is the case, the function-reference and
README should be in the -dev package. In addition the package
descriptions should reflect this; the lib one should be minimalist and
the -dev package should be aimed at folks developing software using
the lib.

You're missing ${misc:Depends} from the Depends, you should always
include it in case some debhelper script adds stuff to it in the
future.

libqrupdate1 should be in section libs rather than libdevel

You don't specify which version of the GPL your packaging is released
under, was that intentional?

The copyright file is wrong, Jaroslav Hajek seems to be the author but
not the copyright holder.

--
bye,
pabs