Re: RFS: qrupdate

2009/1/29 Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
> <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> patches/add-soname seems to change the whitespace in the definition of SRC, why?
>>
>> Why not? It fits into 80 columns that way. :-)
>
> Just a gratuitous change, also unrelated to the purpose of the patch.

Okay... undone.

>>> patches/add-soname needs some more metadata: upstream status, author,
>>> location it was taken from (if it was taken from somewhere).
>>
>> Done. Where is this requirement documented?
>
> Nowhere, it is just common sense really.

I guess my sense is uncommon, then. *shrug*

>>> tab character before the Source: package name in debian/control
>>
>> Hm, I don't see this...
>
> Look at the diff.gz with less.

I don't see it there either. Heisenbug.

>>> extra lines in debian/watch debian/*dirs debian/*install debian/docs
>>
>> Removed, but why does this matter?
>
> Doesn't matter, just slightly sloppy.

I liked at least one of those whitespaces, the one in debian/watch,
because it separates the version line from the actual content, but ok,
I removed it.

Okay, uploaded again, addressing all the things above.

Oh, I forgot one thing. The Perl version. Does it matter if it's 5.10?
Should I try to track down the earliest Perl version that works for
this script? 5.10 is lenny, wouldn't backporters have to backport to
lenny anyways?

main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qrupdate/qrupdate_1.0-1.dsc

- Jordi G. H.