Re: RFS: replaceit

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 06:33:24PM +0200, George Danchev wrote:
> Uploaded

Thanks, that was quick!

> One minor thing I'm not too concerned about is that diff.gz directly patches
> the Makefile [1]. In fact the change is so innocent that using a patch system
> could be considered an overkill, but anyway you could:

This was I think the first package I ever wrote and I remember being
mislead by the New Maintainer's Guide [1] where source modification is
encouraged, so I expect that's where it's come from. I'll patch it
properly in due course but I'm not inclined to hurry :-)

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-modify.en.html

> as could be seen at http://patch-tracking.debian.net/package/replaceit
> /* that is an extremely great resource ! */

That is very helpful - wish I'd know about that before.

Thanks for your sponsorship

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52
Sending of encrypted mail is encouraged