TopGit might not be ready yet (was: RFS: replaceit)

also sprach George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> [2008.12.09.1733 +0100]:
> c) use topgit as your patch queue manager, see:
> /usr/share/doc/topgit/HOWTO-tg2quilt.gz; or

I think TopGit is awesome.

Yet, I think TopGit might not be ready for everyone just yet. It
still requires a very solid understanding of Git, probably has quite
a few bugs in places, and a couple of rough, even sharp edges.
Specifically, #505303 and #500656 are the two showstoppers for me
which I'd like resolved rather sooner than later.

I don't want to discourage use of TopGit and I am happy to support
people using it (be prepared for a delayed response). But I think
it's important to let people know about the shortcomings at this
stage to prevent disappointment.

I'd especially love to work with anyone who wants to tackle the two
wishlist bugs quoted above. Eternal fame will be yours! :)

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"the stripes on the highway began to unreel beneath her in a dizzying
 blur as if all those grains of sand had lost their bearings and were
 falling all over each other just trying to get out of the way to make
 room for the next moment, or instant, or tick of the clock"
-- mc 900 ft jesus (http://www.theendoftheworld.org/900/spider1.shtml)