Re: RFS: replaceit

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 17:27:28 Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am seeking a sponsor for my updated package replaceit (George Danchev
> kindly sponsored previously). This upload:
>
> * fixes bug 506767, and also
> * migrated into a git repository with public access
> * makes proper use of debhelper 7.

Uploaded and thanks for your work.

One minor thing I'm not too concerned about is that diff.gz directly patches
the Makefile [1]. In fact the change is so innocent that using a patch system
could be considered an overkill, but anyway you could:

a) push that change upsteam; or
b) do not try to correct the Makefile, but issue the needed commands directly
from debian/rules (not very smart idea, since you would lose make's timestamp
facility); or
c) use topgit as your patch queue manager, see:
/usr/share/doc/topgit/HOWTO-tg2quilt.gz; or
d) do nothing, and leave it like that as long as the modification remains as a
single logic change and fits in a couple of rows.

By no means this is intended to bring you any headaches, so apply as you see
fit, nothing urgent here.

[1]  as could be seen at http://patch-tracking.debian.net/package/replaceit
/* that is an extremely great resource ! */
or just lsdiff -zx '*/debian/*' diff.gz.