Re: Processing (#433270), no upstream tarball, other questions

Le Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 09:49:27PM +0200, George Danchev a écrit :

> I hope that you pay extra attention to such codebases, since if they are prone
> of doing such a "software engeneering" lightly and at large, they are quite
> likely to be prone of embaking on even more ingenious initiatives. Such a
> package junk might impose significant loads to the seciruty and probably
> release teams, and might generally slow down Debian development, so these
> shouldn't be uploaded lightly IMO.

Hi all,

given the enormous potential of Processing, and given that the Security team is
only taking care of stable release, I would not be so affraid of uploading. A
preliminary pakcage could be uploaded in Experimental for instance. Of course,
expect tons of bugs to solve before the package is even able to migrate to
Testing.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy