Re: Processing (#433270), no upstream tarball, other questions

Hi,

Paul Wise wrote:
On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:

Three, and here my Java ignorance begins to show, I see that the
upstream source also includes some .jar for which I am not sure I can
find the corresponding source. How can I gather more information about
.jars and see if I'm just mistaken as to where the source might be? I
know it's just a zip file, but I thought there are tools to manipulate
and gather information from .jar files?

Might want to ask on the debian-java list, although using unzip should
do it fine.
I agree, being on the debian-java, I don't know of a special tool to analyze what's in the jar files; unzip is just fine. You can also use 'jar', which works like 'tar', but it doesn't give you more than unzip.

BTW, code duplication isn't liked in Debian, so it is probably best to
package whatever it is you found separately and then make processing
depend on that.
Agree, many Java projects package their sources with the libraries they depend upon (aka jar files), it's quite a pain to find out exactly which jar files are part of which package (google & apt-cache are your friends) and/or package the dependencies missing in Debian.

Looking quickly through the binary download, you might have quite a lot of fun (JOGL is in Debian, Gluegen isn't, JNA neither, Antlr is there, dxf viewer not, etc...)

Eric