Re: RFS: ocropus (3nd try)

Hi Sandro,

2008/12/7 Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>:
> packages: the inter-dependencies. What you usually want it ocropus to
> depends on ocropus-data for the same version of the source package,
> hence you need this versioned depends "ocropus-data (>=
> ${source:Version})". This will ensure that on upgrades, both package
> are updated (if not -data will be left to the previous version, since
> already installed).

I think it has to be

ocropus-data (= ${source:Version})

We really don't want to be mixing versions here.

> understand why, and the reason is gmail to wrap lines. This one works:
>
> $ cat debian/watch

Thanks. I hadn't got your example working, and was previously told by
a DD in a private mail that it wasn't possible.

> and so we discover that there is a new upstream release: what you
> wanna do with it? go for ocropus 0.2, wait for it to be accepted and
> the upgrade? or start preparing the new version for upload?

No. I originally packaged 0.2 and uploaded it to mentors before 0.3.1
was available. Let's get it accepted and I'll work on the new version
in the mean time.

> don't call dh_clean in config.status: if you want to remove that file
> there, it's fine to use 'rm', while in clean target it's better use
> dh_clean because it removes even other files the the one listed as
> options.

Fair point. Thanks.

> you either use debian/docs or pass a parameter to dh_installdocs (in
> this case both contains README file, so it's redundant: choose one
> way).

Done.

I have uploaded the updated package to mentors.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Jeff