Re: A bunch of questions: buildd, chm, build dependencies, software patent issue

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Jose Luis Blanco
<joseluisblancoc@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) chm (MS' compressed html format) help files: Is it preferred to include only
> HTML help files in foo-doc packages? I find CHM files quite useful for example,
> for searching, but I don't know if there's any policy about forbidding/not
> recommending this kind of files for debian docs.

I'd suggest to remove them and just include plain HTML, so people
don't have to install Xorg and a desktop system to view them; since
there are console HTML readers but not console CHM readers.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise