Re: howto create debian package with conf files

Wow,

Thanks for the quick and helpfull response Matthew and ehm... I suppose this is what they mean by "Debians helpfull community"! I'm possitively amazed! :-D

one more question though,

 So you could do something like this in your postinst:

if [ "$1" = "configure" -a "$2" = "" ]; then
       # Ask your questions
fi

Because the only time that the second argument will be empty is on the
initial install -- after that, $2 will always contain the previously
configured version.

Would this still allow users to issue a dpkg-reconfigure?

And never heard of the hello package, but I will install it right away :-)

Regards,
Luke