Re: RFS: airoscript

Daniel Moerner wrote:
>>> First, you ship a makefile in the .diff.gz.  Why do you do
>>> this?  You can implement all of this functionality in
>>> debian/rules without changing the upstream source.  Just use
>>> dh_install to handle the installation of the scripts.
>>> Incidentally, this makefile seems to have some problems with it
>>> (it has an empty clean: target, and no .PHONY even though some
>>> rules don't create files with their names, like the clean:
>>> target).
>> But in upstream, script is called airoscript.sh, and I think it
>> should be /usr/bin/airoscript not /usr/bin/airoscript.sh so I
>> just changed its name. Acording to dh_install's manpage, it
>> cannot rename files. Is there a way I can rename the file and
>> don't use a makefile or just install in the debian/rules?
>> Makefile deleted...
>
> You can just call the command install in debian/rules:
>
> install -D airoscript.sh debian/airoscript/usr/bin/airoscript, or
> whatever the correct path is.  This should also let you remove
> debian/dirs, if needed, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
- -D added :D, thanks.

>>> Third, your debian/control is very sparse.  You should have
>>> more than a sentence describing the package.  Your manpage is
>>> also very short--it says "read the info pages," but I don't see
>>> any info docs shipped with your package.
>> I really really don't have more to say about the package. It's
>> just a shell script, wich creates a menu with all available
>> options of aircrack-ng, making it just nice and easy. Anyhow, I
>> used sample file for the man page, so I forgot to delete that
>> "read the info pages"  stupid thing
>
> The script has the following in the beginning.  It seems to include
> a set of possible ways to configure the script.  Maybe you could
> consider documenting this in the manpage?
>
> #This is the interface you want to use to perform the attack #If
> you dont set this, airoscript will ask you for interface to use
> WIFI="" #This is the rate per second at wich packets will be
> injected INJECTRATE="1024" #How many times the deauth attack is run
>  DEAUTHTIME="4" #Time between re-association with target AP
> AUTHDELAY="45" #Fudge factor setting FUDGEFACTOR="2" #Path to
> binaries AIRMON="airmon-ng" AIRODUMP="airodump-ng"
> AIREPLAY="aireplay-ng" AIRCRACK="aircrack-ng"
> ARPFORGE="packetforge-ng" #The path where the data is stored
> (FOLDER MUST EXIST !) DUMP_PATH="/tmp" # Path to your wordlist file
> (for WPA dictionnary attack, maybe for WEP in next release to)
> WORDLIST="/tmp/english.txt"
I've been thinking on contacting upstream author for that.
It would be nice a:
if [-e $HOME/.airoscript.conf] then;
. $HOME/.airoscript.conf
else
. /etc/airoscript/airoscript.conf
fi
Anyway ¿It's a good idea?
I mean, editing de main binary, as root, in /usr/bin, will affect
every user. Maybe thats not what user wants.
But, as i understand, aircrack-ng must be run as root. (even aircrack
debian package puts it on /usr/sbin).
Anyhow, it'll be more confortable editing /root/.airoscript.conf than
/usr/bin/airoscript...

About manpage and control, I'll get readme's program description. And
i'll write some about config.
Most of the config (but DUMP_PATH WORDLIST and WIFI) seems to be ok
like it's and most people wouldn't have/want to change it. I'll advise
this on manpage. Must I document only DUMP_PATH WORDLIST and WIFI or
everything saying that "this is usually ok as is"?

>>> On an independent note, since this is such a simple packaging
>>> job and you are already using debian/ files to install
>>> manpages, etc., instead of calling those targets as arguments
>>> of the respective dh_ targets, you might want to consider using
>>> dh calls from debhelper 7 to simplify debian/rules.  man 1 dh
>>> for more information.  Some also use cdbs to handle such
>>> packaging, see e.g.
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/School/PackagingWithoutCompiling.
>> I'm not sure if that's ok. I mean, i don't like it...
>
> Makes sense--whatever works for you.  It was just a suggestion.

- --
http://thexayon.wordpress.com

Que la fuerza os acompañe.

- --XayOn--