Re: RFS: airoscript

Daniel Moerner wrote:
> Hi, I'm not a DD, but I noticed a couple of things about your package:
>
> First, you ship a makefile in the .diff.gz.  Why do you do this?  You
> can implement all of this functionality in debian/rules without
> changing the upstream source.  Just use dh_install to handle the
> installation of the scripts.  Incidentally, this makefile seems to
> have some problems with it (it has an empty clean: target, and no
> .PHONY even though some rules don't create files with their names,
> like the clean: target).
But in upstream, script is called airoscript.sh, and I think it should
be /usr/bin/airoscript not /usr/bin/airoscript.sh so I just changed
its name. Acording to dh_install's manpage, it cannot rename files.
Is there a way I can rename the file and don't use a makefile or just
install in the debian/rules?
Makefile deleted...

> Also, your rules file has some cruft in it.  Since there is no
> configuration to be done, you shouldn't need to call a configure
> target at all.
Right. Done.

> Second, remember to put the ITP in the changelog--maybe you just
> haven't uploaded a new version.
Yes... I'll do in a minute or two (Ok. It's a local holyday here, so I
was out :P)

> Third, your debian/control is very sparse.  You should have more than
> a sentence describing the package.  Your manpage is also very
> short--it says "read the info pages," but I don't see any info docs
> shipped with your package.
I really really don't have more to say about the package. It's just a
shell script, wich creates a menu with all available options of
aircrack-ng, making it just nice and easy.
Anyhow, I used sample file for the man page, so I forgot to delete
that "read the info pages"  stupid thing

> Fourth, since you have debhelper compat set to 7, there is no reason
> to remove the *-stamps by hand in debian/rules: dh_clean will handle
> this for you.
You're right, too many example files :P.

> On an independent note, since this is such a simple packaging job and
> you are already using debian/ files to install manpages, etc., instead
> of calling those targets as arguments of the respective dh_ targets,
> you might want to consider using dh calls from debhelper 7 to simplify
> debian/rules.  man 1 dh for more information.  Some also use cdbs to
> handle such packaging, see e.g.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/School/PackagingWithoutCompiling.
I'm not sure if that's ok. I mean, i don't like it...
> Cheers,
> Daniel Moerner
Thanks a lot.

- --