Re: RFS: airoscript

Hi, I'm not a DD, but I noticed a couple of things about your package:

First, you ship a makefile in the .diff.gz.  Why do you do this?  You
can implement all of this functionality in debian/rules without
changing the upstream source.  Just use dh_install to handle the
installation of the scripts.  Incidentally, this makefile seems to
have some problems with it (it has an empty clean: target, and no
.PHONY even though some rules don't create files with their names,
like the clean: target).

Also, your rules file has some cruft in it.  Since there is no
configuration to be done, you shouldn't need to call a configure
target at all.

Second, remember to put the ITP in the changelog--maybe you just
haven't uploaded a new version.

Third, your debian/control is very sparse.  You should have more than
a sentence describing the package.  Your manpage is also very
short--it says "read the info pages," but I don't see any info docs
shipped with your package.

Fourth, since you have debhelper compat set to 7, there is no reason
to remove the *-stamps by hand in debian/rules: dh_clean will handle
this for you.

On an independent note, since this is such a simple packaging job and
you are already using debian/ files to install manpages, etc., instead
of calling those targets as arguments of the respective dh_ targets,
you might want to consider using dh calls from debhelper 7 to simplify
debian/rules.  man 1 dh for more information.  Some also use cdbs to
handle such packaging, see e.g.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/School/PackagingWithoutCompiling.

Cheers,
Daniel Moerner