Re: RFS: replaceit (#490695)

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 05:16:12AM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> perform build/lint/fix/install/deinstall/fix cycles at will. Using a clean
> chrooted system also brings the benefit that unsatisfied build depends are
> easily caught, and you are sure that your binaries will not link with any
> obscure library files laying around you might happen to have locally
> installed (in /usr/local for example). This is just for future reference, you
> have nothing to fix now in your package with regard to a clean chroot
> environment.

I'll investigate cowbuilder, thanks for the tip.

> Probably I wasn't clear enough with my previous message, but I now see that I
> wrote "1.0.0-2 or 1.0.0-1 in your debian/changelog". So, in a package version
> like A.B.C-X.Y, in the second part (the debian revision)  `.Y' is reserved
> for NMU's, so you want a non-NMU version like A.B.C-X or replaceit_1.0.0-2.

It's now correct (I think) and available at
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/replaceit/replaceit_1.0.0-2.dsc.
I think I worked out what happened: I don't have the correct email in
DEBEMAIL so dch used my local address, and I didn't spot it.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire