Re: RFS: remind (updated package)

On Sun, Jul 06 2008, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:

>> Also, remind has never been uploaded with the DM-Upload-Allowed field
>> set,
>
> Actually, this is what confused me a bit. If you run
> 	apt-get source remind
> 	zgrep DM-Upload-Allowed remind_03.01.04-1.diff.gz
> then you'll see that this field *is* set in the Debian package.

In the package, yes, but not in ftp-master.  It must be in the .dsc
to do that, and it wasn't.

[...]

>> David F. Skoll is the owner of Roaring Penguin, which holds the remind
>> copyright.  The exceptions are for code which is not (entirely) his own.
>
> In that case, it would best if a change is made to the files
> upstream. Alternatively, you could just add the copyright assertion
> for David F. Skoll to debian/copyright where it used to be next to the
> copyright assertion for Roaring Penguin in the earlier version.
>
> The point is that someone looking at the source files and comparing
> them with debian/copyright might not be aware of the fact you have
> given above and would need further clarification. The point of
> debian/copyright is to avoid such needs!

After thinking about it for a bit, I've updated debian/copyright to
something that should satisfy you.

I  will  ask upstream  to  expand the  copyright  to  include the  dates
preceeding the incorporation of Roaring Penguin Inc.

>> The package has been on mentors for two months; my sponsor hasn't been
>> able to find the time to upload it, so I'm now asking here.
>
> Since I use remind regularly, I am keen to see an updated version and
> will upload it. Please fix the debian/control and debian/copyright
> files as indicated.

I've uploaded -2, thanks!  (Will need tarball upload)

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/remind/remind_03.01.05-2.dsc

--
KBK