Re: RFS: remind (updated package)

Hello,

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008, Kurt B. Kaiser wrote:
> I am not yet in the DM keyring.  Once I get my package gambc uploaded, I
> will apply.

Oops. I should have checked with "gpg --list-options show-keyring"!
Sorry about that.

> Also, remind has never been uploaded with the DM-Upload-Allowed field
> set,

Actually, this is what confused me a bit. If you run
	apt-get source remind
	zgrep DM-Upload-Allowed remind_03.01.04-1.diff.gz
then you'll see that this field *is* set in the Debian package.

> That's when I switched back to XS-DM-U-A :-)

Currently that counts as a "diff" between your new 03.01.05-1 package
and Debian version 03.01.04-1.

Here is an important principle of Debian packaging (especially needs
checking when your packages are being sponsored).
	The current version of the Debian package is what is in the
	archive --- *not* the version that is on your disk.
(I've been bitten by this at least once!) So it is best if you do an
"apt-get source -t unstable remind" in order to check the differences
between the earlier version and the new one.

I would upload it with DM-U-A set as it is in 03.01.04-1.

> David F. Skoll is the owner of Roaring Penguin, which holds the remind
> copyright.  The exceptions are for code which is not (entirely) his own.

In that case, it would best if a change is made to the files
upstream. Alternatively, you could just add the copyright assertion
for David F. Skoll to debian/copyright where it used to be next to the
copyright assertion for Roaring Penguin in the earlier version.

The point is that someone looking at the source files and comparing
them with debian/copyright might not be aware of the fact you have
given above and would need further clarification. The point of
debian/copyright is to avoid such needs!

> The package has been on mentors for two months; my sponsor hasn't been
> able to find the time to upload it, so I'm now asking here.

Since I use remind regularly, I am keen to see an updated version and
will upload it. Please fix the debian/control and debian/copyright
files as indicated.

Regards,

Kapil.