Re: I adopted a package but nobody seems to want to upload it

Serafeim Zanikolas <serzan@hellug.gr> writes:

> - the short description should start with a lower-case letter

For more guidance on writing the package synopsis, see
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices#s-bpp-pkg-synopsis>.

> - in debian/copyright after "this package was debianized by
>   [...]", add "and is currently maintained by <your name and email here>"

Even better, write the 'debian/copyright' file in accordance with
<URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat> to make it
machine-parseable. It's not official but it's still a good idea.

> ps. these are pretty basic mistakes; consider at least skimming
> through the cited docs

Seconded.

--
 \      “Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity |
  `\        of the graveyard.” —Justice Roberts in 319 U.S. 624 (1943) |