Re: RFS: P4A - PHP For Applications

> So what? that still doesn't explain why you are symlinking it instead of
> just dropping it in apache2/conf.d
The Webapps Policy Manual 5.1.2 says:
"To register a web application with a webserver, a package should
place the relevant webserver configuration in a file under
/etc/PACKAGE if the target web server supports drop-in configuration
via a configuration file directory (such as the Apache family of
httpds' conf.d directories) or "include" configuration. In the case of
the latter, standard Debian policy applies with respect to the
modification of the web servers' configuration files. In the case of
the former, a symbolic link should be used."

I misunderstood something?

>>> debian/postrm:

>>> config files must not be removed on 'remove', only on purge.
>> yes, I think this is correct, but if I call a simple remove I'll get a
>> broken apache alias.
>> What's the right way?
>
> You have to "disable" the configuration in prerm; I don't have your package
> around but makes me wonder if conf.d is the right place for your file.
This is related with the above question. If it's correct to have a symbolic link
from /etc/p4a/apache.conf and /etc/apache2/conf.d/p4a.conf I think it's correct
on 'remove' delete p4a.conf from apache2/conf.d and let apache.conf under
/etc/p4a. This is the current behavior of my postrm.

>> uhm, fckeditor it's been patced to work with p4a so I think it must
>> stay in p4a package.
>
> What kind of patches are those? have you talked to Debian's fckeditor
> maintainer? to upstream?
The fckeditor packaged with p4a has been modified  to specifs needs of p4a,
not to solve some problems or to add some features to fckeditor.

Cheers
ag