Re: RFS: P4A - PHP For Applications

Andrea Giardina wrote:

>> WEBSERVERS="apache apache-ssl apache2"
>>
>> the first two no longer exist.
> ok, right...
>
>> why don't you just ship the file directly into apache2's config dir?
> because p4a it's a library (in your application you must require
> p4a/p4a.php) but it has also to be available from document_root (for
> icons, javascript, etc.).
> Maybe I must rename the package libphp-p4a? I think p4a package must be
> similar to cakephp package.

So what? that still doesn't explain why you are symlinking it instead of
just dropping it in apache2/conf.d

>> debian/postrm:
>>
>>> purge|remove)
>>
>> config files must not be removed on 'remove', only on purge.
> yes, I think this is correct, but if I call a simple remove I'll get a
> broken apache alias.
> What's the right way?

You have to "disable" the configuration in prerm; I don't have your package
around but makes me wonder if conf.d is the right place for your file.

>> p4a/libraries/Zend/:
>>
>> please don't do that, package the zend framework separately so other
>> packages and projects can use it, and then make the necessary changes in
>> your application to use the shared version.
> Yes, I think so but I have a problem about that. The zend framework deb
> package it's already available on ubuntu repositories, so I think
> repackaging it is not a good idea.
> So, what's the right way? I must ask the collaboration of Utnubo team
> to port it to Debian?

IIRC the utnubu team is dead; And whether Ubuntu has foo package and Debian
not isn't a reason to ship the files in your package.

You either find someone interested in packaging and maintaining the zend
framework in Debian or you do it yourself.

>> same as for fckeditor, jquery, and all the other stuff that isn't from
>> p4a.
> uhm, fckeditor it's been patced to work with p4a so I think it must
> stay in p4a package.

What kind of patches are those? have you talked to Debian's fckeditor
maintainer? to upstream?

> To jquery I can try to use the deb package.

It's actually a _must_.

> Thanks for your time.
> Andrea

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.