Re: Listing dependencies with specific versions

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> (10/12/2008):
> > Specify the strict version ahead of shlib:Depends and dpkg-shlibdeps
> > does the right thing.
> Thats a hack. Another workaround for broken shlibs is
> debian/shlibs.local.

A very dirty one. The other being the one recommended by the Policy, but
I don't really want mentored people to try and handle this kind of
problem this way, especially if mentored by clueless people (I'm not
thinking about you, Paul :) you already know that we agree on this