Re: Bug reports in Ubuntu

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Jonathan Wiltshire
<debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> wrote:

> My adopted package gxemul has a bug in Ubuntu[1] (seg fault on command
> line parameters) which reproduces in the current Debian package. It has
> been fixed recently in upstream's CVS so I plan to add a patch for the
> time being, pending an upstream release.
>
> 1) is this the right approach or can you suggest better?

Sounds fine. Be sure to prepare an upload for testing-proposed-updates
if you want to add the patch to lenny and the release team are likely
to approve the patch, since your package is not in sync between lenny
& sid.

> 2) should I open a similar Debian bug for this in the normal way, or
> just respond to the Ubuntu bug, or some other course of action? If a
> seperate bug, should I interact with Ubuntu's at all or leave them to
> it?

I personally wouldn't open a Debian bug about it.

If you want to, you can close the launchpad bug in your changelog like this:

  * fixes segfault (LP: #12345)

Once the package is synced to Ubuntu, the launchpad bug will be closed.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise