Re: RFS: libmsn

* Pau Garcia i Quiles [Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:27:09 +0100]:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Miriam Ruiz  wrote:
> > 2008/11/15 Pau Garcia i Quiles :

> >> It builds these binary packages:
> >> libmsn     - high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [runtime]
> >> libmsn-dbg - high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [debug]
> >> libmsn-dev - high-level C++ library for MSN Messenger [devel]

> > Some quick comments:

> > You shouldn't call your runtime library just libmsn, see [1]. You
> > definitely shouldn't get rid of that lintian's message with an
> > override.

> I have renamed the package to 'libmsn0.1'.

> Upstream is planning some changes that might affect the API and might
> require soversion changes. I used just 'libmsn' not to flood the
> archive with 'libmsn0.1', 'libmsn0.2', etc packages in the near
> future.

In that case, maybe you should only package the static library until the
ABI stabilizes.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Any life, no matter how long and complex it may be, is made up of a
single moment: the moment in which a man finds out, once and for all,
who he is.
                -- Jorge Luis Borges