Re: Advice for Adopting Valknut

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:07, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> Le Monday 10 November 2008 11:20:03 Sandro Tosi, vous avez écrit :
>> > The other option would be to simply fix some bugs in 0.3.13 and bump the
>> > Debian version for my first upload, but I'd hate to waste effort fixing
>> > bugs that upstream may (I think probably) have fixed already.
>>
>> It depends if you want to see those bugs fixed for the lenny package:
>> if so, upload a new Debian revision with the bugs fixed and ask
>> release managers to unblock your package;
>
> Provided the bugs are considered RC (need to be fixed for lenny, severity
> serious, grave or worse..), of course.

yeah, thanks for clarifying :D

There are even other corner situations: bugs can be even of priority
"important" (IIRC) and can even not being reported yet; if checking
the new upstream release you notice a fix for a really bad bug but the
bug is still not reported, you might even evaluate to backport the
patch to the current lenny version.

Cheers,