RFS: wallpaper-tray (updated package)

2008/11/10 Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 00:55, Guido Loupias <guidoloupias@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sandro Tosi schreef:
>> Does the changes you'd like to upload start from 0.5.5-1 up to
>> 0.5.5+svn7-1? If so, please merge all the changes listed in
>> debian/changelog into the latest entry (hence 0.5.5+svn7-1) and
>> reupload the package.
>
> Done. :) Uploaded under new revision 0.5.5+svn7-2.

There was a full screen of changelog yesterday, and now only 6
lines... are you sure you've done the right thing?
The changes I introduced in 0.5.5-1 and 0.5.5-2 have been applied upstream.
So in essence there are no changes (except for that 1 patch) to the debian
revision with respect to the upstream version. Hence the short list of changes.

... and more, why -2 revision?
The revised -1 revision wouldn't upload after I editted the changelog. It said there
was nothing to upload because there were no changes.

is -1 present in the debian archive? no, so please use -1
(it's the first revision of that version).
Am I understanding correctly then that in order for a revision to be updated
the previous revision has to be in the debian archive first? I recall two other
mentors telling me that it is good practice to increment the debian revision
even if the archive only made it to mentors and never to the debian archives.
I am a little confused now.

Kind Regards,
Guido Loupias