RFC: avr-evtd

Dear mentors,

I am looking for some reviews of my package "avr-evtd", which is available on mentors.debian.net.

Here is the summary of the package

* Package name    : avr-evtd
  Version         : 1.7.2-1
  Upstream Author : Bob Perry <lb-source@users.sf.net>
* URL             : http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppc-evtd
* License         : GPL2+
  Section         : misc

It builds these binary packages:
avr-evtd   - AVR watchdog daemon for Linkstation/Kuroboxes

The long description:
avr_evtd is a simple and small user space interface to the Linkstation
  AVR micro-controller. It doesn't have a lot of special features, but
it's main task is to provide 'keep-alive' messages to the Linkstation's
  on-board AVR device.
  .
This device controls/monitors the fan, various LEDs, timed power up and
  two buttons. This daemon provides the necessary initialisation to the
  device and also stimulates the LEDs depending on various fault
conditions. It also monitors a power button (located at the front) and
  a reset button (located at the rear).

The package appears to be lintian clean, but I would still appreciate any comments that you might have. I do intend to cannibalize upstream's source code (and possibly become upstream).

An upload to the Debian repository would fix this bug: 497882

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/avr-evtd/avr- evtd_1.7.2-1.dsc

I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me or provided me with constructive criticism.

Kind regards
 Rogério Brito