Re: RFS: winff

Thanks for the review. Comments below.

Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Hi Paul!
>
> There are only very minor problems with your package:
>  - You don't  need to  include  README.Debian in  debian/docs. This  is
>    included automatically.

Removed from debian/docs. Done.

>  - You don't need debian/postinst, debian/postrm, they are automatically
>    generated by dh_installmenu and dh_installdocs.

Removed. I assume the same goes for the debian/prerm. Done.

> You can also correct this lintian warning:
>
> I: winff: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key /usr/share/applications/winff.desktop:3 Encoding
> N:
> N:   The Encoding key is now deprecated by the FreeDesktop standard and all
> N:   strings are required to be encoded in UTF-8. This desktop entry
> N:   explicitly specifies an Encoding of UTF-8, which is harmless but no
> N:   longer necessary.
> N:
> N:   Refer to
> N:   http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/1.0/apc.html for
> N:   details.

Removed the appropriate line. I did not get the lintian warning thou, so
what did I do wrong during my checking of this package?

Because I did not need to create a linked file I also removed dh_link
from the rules file.

By the way, should I mention the changes for mentors also in the
changelog? It looks to me that you don't want them in "real" Debian, so
I left them out, but I am not sure.

Uploaded again to mentors (bumped version to -2 for comparison):
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/winff/winff_0.42-2.dsc

With kind regards,
Paul