Re: Need help writing watch file for unusual, troublesome case.

Brandon <winterknight@nerdshack.com> writes:

> I have one more question about watch files. If I were to delete the
> watch file (maybe upstream website will be taken down in the future?),
> is there anything special I should do to override the missing
> watch file warnings? Is there a signal to sites like dehs that a watch
> file would be inappropriate for a specific project?

I'm of the opinion that the right solution in such cases is not to
override the warning, but to make the watch file consist entirely of
comments explaining the situation.

DEHS and lintian will both handle that correctly (i.e. not complain),
and DEHS will use the comments as an explanation on the generated web
page.

--
 \      "The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But |
  `\     the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound |