Need help writing watch file for unusual, troublesome case.

I am attempting to write a watch file for my debian package, xevil.

Here is how I would direct a human to find the latest version:
1) Go to: http://www.xevil.com/xevil/dev/download.html
2) Click on the "Stable version" link
3) Click on the "Xevil" link

Here is what I have of my watch file so far:
version=3
http://www.xevil.com/xevil/dev/download.html (.*)/download_stable.shtml

That is the watch file equivalent to Step 1 and 2 above. Unfortunately,
I don't know how to continue. How do I get subsequent lines to remember
the results of previous lines? Like assigning variables in a script or
program?

The current upstream is:
http://www.xevil.com/download/stable/xevilsrc2.02r2.zip
Unfortunatley, the following watch line won't work:
http://www.xevil.com/download/stable/xevilsrc(*.).zip
because directory listings are (403) forbidden.

Also, xevil is a dead project. The latest release was years ago, and
Satan doesn't respond to email. Would you guys recommend not having a
watch file? Even if so, I would really like to know how I would solve
this problem, if it needed solving. For the future.

-Brandon