Re: Need help writing watch file for unusual, troublesome case.

You are correct: my solution obviously doesn't work, since I didn't
read carefully enough.

> This would be an easy problem to solve with a script. It would just be
> a few lines, and not much hassle.

Russ Allbery's blog suggests a get-orig-source debian/rules target
that he uses for packaging his own scripts:

http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/build-tools.html#scripts

I'm not sure if this is kosher with regards to the debian/rules file
of a package meant to go into the actual Debian archive, but it's at
least something to consider if you want to script the grabbing of the
file, which debian/watch of course does not support.

Daniel Moerner