Re: RFS: libxmpp-php

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:55:41 -0500
Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> And, I see you have a patch in debian/patches but you are not
> >> applying it and running the test suite at build time (making the
> >> phpunit b-d completely useless).
> > D'oh!  This has been fixed.  Thanks to line-ending issues, there is
> > now another patch that is applied before the test fixes so that
> > they apply cleanly.
>
> Have you forwarded your patches to upstream?
Not as yet, it is on my TODO list.

> >> Please fix those issues and try to examine it by yourself and fix
> >> any issues.
> > I believe this to be a much improved package.  It package can be
> > found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian
> > unstable main contrib non-free - dget
>
> debian/rules:
> You are missing a dependency on 'unpatch' at the clean target (makes
> the package FTBFS twice in a row), and policy dictates that there
> should be a binary-arch target even if the package is arch: all.
Fixed and fixed.

> debian/examples:
> webclient_example.php is useless, so it should not be installed.
Fixed.

> tests/XMPPHP/*.php
> Not packaging related, but:
> <snip>
> buildd's don't have access to any external resource (or if they do,
> you should *not* rely on their availability), so if the test requires
> an external connection to succeed you should consider it as a "will
> always fail".
I've patched these tests out, to be safe.

> debian/changelog:
> I see an inconsistency between the revision number in the package and
> the one at the repository:
Yup, I screwed it up.  The updated package uses a more recent HEAD
(revision 53) and, I believe, its correct revno and can be found at:
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libxmpp-php/libxmpp-php_0~svn53-1.dsc

Cheers,

Dan

--