Re: RFS: libxmpp-php

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Watkins wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:09:34 -0500
> Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A very quick look reveals some inconsistencies between the
>> Copyright/Upstream information in debian/copyright and the one
>> available in the .php files.
> I believe this to just be the name of the primary author and the
> listing of a secondary author.  debian/copyright now contains:
>   Upstream Authors:
>       Nathanael C. Fritz <JID: fritzy@netflint.net>
>       Stephan Wentz <JID: stephan@jabber.wentz.it>
> Is this the inconsistency of which you were talking, or have I
> overlooked another?

I don't remember very well, but taking a look it seems to be ok now.

>> And, I see you have a patch in debian/patches but you are not
>> applying it and running the test suite at build time (making the
>> phpunit b-d completely useless).
> D'oh!  This has been fixed.  Thanks to line-ending issues, there is now
> another patch that is applied before the test fixes so that they apply
> cleanly.

Have you forwarded your patches to upstream?

>> Please fix those issues and try to examine it by yourself and fix any
>> issues.
> I believe this to be a much improved package.  It package can be found
> on mentors.debian.net:
> main contrib non-free - dget

debian/rules:
You are missing a dependency on 'unpatch' at the clean target (makes the
package FTBFS twice in a row), and policy dictates that there should be a
binary-arch target even if the package is arch: all.

debian/examples:
webclient_example.php is useless, so it should not be installed.

tests/XMPPHP/*.php
Not packaging related, but:
8< ------- >8
php tests/AllTests.php
PHPUnit 3.2.16 by Sebastian Bergmann.

...............1219624977 [INFO]: Connecting to tcp://jabber.wentz.it:5222
1219624988 [ERROR]: Could not connect.
.

Time: 21 seconds

OK (16 tests)
8< ------- >8

buildd's don't have access to any external resource (or if they do, you
should *not* rely on their availability), so if the test requires an
external connection to succeed you should consider it as a "will always
fail".

debian/changelog:
I see an inconsistency between the revision number in the package and the
one at the repository:
$ dpkg-parsechangelog | grep Version
Version: 0~svn52-1
$ grep svn debian/copyright
It was downloaded from svn://netflint.net/xmpphp
$ svn info svn://netflint.net/xmpphp
Repository Root: svn://netflint.net/xmpphp
Repository UUID: ef36c318-a008-4979-b6e8-6b496270793b
Revision: 51
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: fritzy
Last Changed Rev: 51
Last Changed Date: 2008-07-25 16:39:09 -0500 (Fri, 25 Jul 2008)

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libxmpp-php/libxmpp-php_0~svn52-1.dsc

> Cheers,

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.