Re: RFS: phpmyid

Hi

Dne Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:41:43 +0200
Andreas Schildbach <andreas@schildbach.de> napsal(a):

> > > Thanks a lot for this pointer. I've completely rewritten the copyright
> > > file. One question though: Do I actually have to include the license
> > > text for popular licenses? (in this case: GPL-any)
> >
> > Why do you use some random older revision of proposal?
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand. I am using the proposal from the page you
> were referring. Other than the revision number from the example in the
> proposal, I have no idea which newer revisions could possibly exist.

You should point Format-Specification to version of wiki page you based
your copyright file on. I guess it is current one, so there should be
http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat?action=recall&rev=226

> > Yes you should include something like:
> >
> > License-Terms: GPL-2
> >  On Debian and Debian-based systems, a copy of the GNU General Public
> >  License version 2 is available in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.
>
> Ok, thanks. The problem is, there is no text for 'GPL-any'. I am
> inclined to write something to the effect of:
>
> "On Debian and Debian-based systems, a copy of the GNU General Public
> Licenses are available in /usr/share/common-licenses."
>
> Would this be ok?

I added this only as an example. There is also example for GPL-any on
the wiki page, why to reinvent the wheel? Anyway to me it looks more
like your package is GPL-2+.