Re: RFS: phpmyid

Hi Vincent, hello Michal,

thanks for helping me with the package.

I have uploaded a fixed package to mentors.debian.net.

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 19:02 +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> In debian/changelog, remove the mention about this package being your
> first. Most users are not interested in thisinformation.

I removed the line. Note that "This is my first Debian package." is
explicitely stated as an example in the New Maintainers' Guide at

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ch-dreq.en.html#s-changelog

Maybe the document should be changed then?

> In debian/control, your dependencies  are too strict.

I relaxed the dependencies. However, how can I know that my package
actually works with all HTTP daemons? I cannot test them all.

> I think that you should not ship htaccess file (or as documentation).
It
> is  usually better  to  put all  configuration  in Apache
configuration
> file.  For example,  by default,  rewrite  rules are  not authorized
in
> htaccess. You can put the  content of htaccess in your apache2.conf
file
> for example.

What do you mean by "rewrite rules are not authorized"? Is it perhaps
better to not deviate from upstream in this case (htaccess comes from
upstream)? I could try to convince upstream to change this with the next
version.

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 18:45 +0200, Michal Čihař wrote:

> - also license information in debian/copyright does not seem to be
> sufficient, you should be more detailed (or use new machine readable
> format, see http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat)

Thanks a lot for this pointer. I've completely rewritten the copyright
file. One question though: Do I actually have to include the license
text for popular licenses? (in this case: GPL-any)

Best regards,

Andreas