Re: RFS: wordpress-openid [was: Re: No sponsor found for weeks, what to do now?]

Andreas Schildbach wrote:

> Hi Raphael,
>
> On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 19:23 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>
>> Andreas, please don't take these wrong but your packages really need a
>> lot of changes and reading the documentation and looking at different
>> packages and even reading the reviews posted for other packages could
>> help you understand what needs to be changed in your packages. Once they
>> are in a better shape they could then be polished.
>
> By the way, is there any PHP-related policy or best practice for PHP
> packaging, like there is for Java?

Mauro Lizaur already commented on that, but currently the best practise is
not documented and you should try to follow what other php packages do.

>> I: wordpress-openid source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
>
> What if there is no site to watch on? The download link is
>
> http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/openid.2.2.2.zip
>
> but the containing folder
>
> http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/
>
> does not allow directory listing.

uscan doesn't only work on directory listings, it actually works on
directory listings because they contain links to the files and that's all
it needs.

(Working) example for that package:
version=3

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openid/download/ \
http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/openid.(.+)\.zip

> (I just noticed that there is a new upstream version. I will update my
> Debian package to reflect that.)
>
>> X: wordpress-openid: embedded-pear-module
>> usr/share/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/openid/Log/error_log.php
>
> Looks like I have to create a dependancy to 'php-log' and remove the
> offending files from my package.

I hope that by 'remove' you mean not install them on the .deb package.

> Thanks for your hints.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andreas

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.