Re: Lintian warning messages

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> If the scripts are not directly executable, you can remove the
> #!<interpreter> line from them. That should make the warning go away.
> It would be better to talk with upstream so he does that.

If I were upstream and was pestered by a distribution to remove the
hashbang lines that I add to all code files as a matter of course
(because it's the most portable way to tell editors what type of code it
is), and their rationalle was that an internal tool in the distribution
was complaining about it, I'd be hard pressed to not laugh in their
face.

Lintian has overrides so that you can turn off this type of warning,
which is useful in detecting scripts that were accidentially not
installed executable, but that has a large number of false positives.

--
see shy jo