Re: RFS: vbackup

On Monday 28 July 2008, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@v13.gr> [2008.07.28.0018 +0200]:
> > As a conclusion, I don't know if it will offer something different
> > than backupninja. I'm going to keep developing it and create
> > debian packages for my own needs. I'm also making it available in
> > freshmeat for other people to find it. I leave this decision to
> > you without trying to influence you since currently my opinion is
> > somehow neutral (even though I'd like to see it in debian).
>
> It was a good analysis. All I wanted to do is challenge you a bit.
> Since vbackup is not the same as backupninja, it should go to the
> archive. Upload the source package and let us know the URL of the
> dsc file...

Thanks!

This is already available at:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/vbackup/

dsc url:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/vbackup/vbackup_0.1.6pre1-1.dsc

As I mentioned in the original e-mail, my svn repository will be down for
(most probably) the next week, so I won't be able to release a proper version
(tagged in svn and with a changelog file) until it is back. I'll also be afk
for the first 2 weeks of August. Should we postpone it until then? Are there
other things that need to be worked?

Also, should I change the status of it in sponsors and mentors sites? Is this
procedure repeated for every released version?