RFS: vbackup

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "vbackup".

* Package name    : vbackup
  Version         : 0.1.6pre1-1
  Upstream Author : Stefanos Harhalakis (me)
* URL             : http://www.it.teithe.gr/~v13/
* License         : GPLv3
  Section         : admin

It builds these (not-so-)binary packages:
vbackup    - A modular backup utility

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/vbackup/vbackup_0.1.6pre1-1.dsc

I'm sending this RFS for the second time (first was at 30 Dec 2007, see:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/12/msg00535.html

The reason I'm sending it again is that I've never got the mail of
this response:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/12/msg00537.html

I've just discovered it by searching google for "ITP vbackup" and since I don't
have that email I'm replying here:

----------------------
> >   vbackup is a modular backup program. It is a set of scripts that can
> > perform full or incremental system backups. Currently it supports:
> > * Filesystem backups using tar
> > * XFS backups using xfsdump
> > * PostgreSQL backups
> > * MySQL backups
> > * dpkg package list backups
> > and can be easily extended to do other things.
>
> AFAIK there's several backup script packages in Debian, which makes yours
> better/different from the others?

AFAIK it is the only modular backup script that:
a) Can be extended by other packages just by adding files in a predefined
location, just like logcheck does.
b) Can backup filessystems, databases and almost everything else (for example:
dpkg --get-selections)
c) Is not graphical and can be used for server backups
d) Can be used as a meta-backup solution by combining other backup
programs (currently it doesn't do that but patches/proposals are welcome).

>   Currently your package doesn't build under pbuilder because clean target
> assumes too much: you have to replace your «$(MAKE) distclean» in
> debian/rules by «[ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) distclean» or similar.

What confused me was the comment:
# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
the word "after" make me think that this runs only after a build.
Corrected as suggested.

Also, I believe that I've fixed all lintian errors and removed unused
comments from debian/control

The current version is 0.1.6pre1 and will be renamed to 0.1.6 after checking
it in production, adding it to the svn repository (server is down for the next
week) and updating the changelog (svn2cl). When 0.1.6 is tagged I'll also
upload this to my homepage and to freshmeat too but until then, the homepage
will list the old (0.1.5) version.

Kind regards
Stefanos Harhalakis