RFS: libenglab

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libenglab".

* Package name    : libenglab
  Version         : 0.2.2-2
  Upstream Author : BugFest Team  <chserenis@ee.auth.gr>
* URL             : http://englab.sf.net
* License         : GPLv2
  Section         : libs

It builds these binary packages:
libenglab  - mathematical platform with a C like syntax (run-time files)
libenglab-dev - mathematical platform with a C like syntax (development files)

The upload would fix these bugs: 491710

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libenglab/libenglab_0.2.2-2.dsc

EngLab is a cross-compile mathematical platform with a C like syntax intended to be used both by engineers and users with little programming knowledge. It supports programming through small script files but also enables users to easily compile their own functions as shared objects and use them through the program's main interface.

This package contains header files and a static library needed for compiling EngLab user interfaces and toolboxes.

Is EngLab a MATLAB clone?

No, unlike other similar projects, e.g. Octave, EngLab is NOT intended to be a MATLAB clone. On the contrary, EngLab seeks to provide an alternative approach to the mathematical/calculation problems engineers and scientists face in their field of expertise. Using C-like syntax, multiple type variables and a continuously extensible set of toolboxes, EngLab lays out an easy-to-use and powerful environment for engineers and scientists with experience or not.

EngLab is about creating a new fast and scalable mathematical platform that is closer to a programming language than other programs, but still retains features such as on-demand toolbox loading and data processing though a script programming language.

EngLab current version is at alpha stage. That means that new features are constantly being added, but the reliability is still an issue to be addressed.

EngLab is starting to draw attention from the open source community:

An author's interview, program review and advanced tutorial is currently pending by Linux Format, Greece.

During it's release in June it reached a rank of 98 at sourceforge, the last recorded rank is 118.

The program is rated 4 out of 5 stars at linux.softpedia.com
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Science-and-Engineering/Mathematics/Englab-console-37081.shtml

Flattering comments exist such as:
http://www.computerworlduk.com/COMMUNITY/BLOGS/index.cfm?entryid=1020&blogid=14

The project was started by a group of engineers in Greece.

Kind regards
 Harry Serenis