Re: RFS: maxima (NMU)

OoO  Pendant le  repas  du samedi  26  juillet 2008,  vers 19:36,  David
Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> disait :

> Apparently due to problems with GCL, maxima currently either fails to
> build (474909) or builds but fails its test suite (489871).

> I have prepared an NMU changing the underlying lisp to SBCL. This is
> semantically quite intrusive, but according to upstream SBCL is one of
> the dialects of common lisp they test with.

Hi David!

Maybe  you can fix  gcl instead?  I don't  know if  it is  considered as
something  to do,  but  you could  depend  on gcc-4.2  and compile  with
gcc-4.2. There are some packages  that are doing this (for example qemu,
which compiles with gcc-3.4).
--
I DID NOT INVENT IRISH DANCING
I DID NOT INVENT IRISH DANCING
I DID NOT INVENT IRISH DANCING
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 5F03