Re: RFS: swedish (updated ispell and spell packages)

> On Thursday 12 June 2008 17:59:25 Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:
> > Done. (The new tarball is 35k vs. the 140K of the other -2 tarball.)
>
> Hi Jeremiah,
>
> you're almost done ;-) However, the original tarball has not been changed,
> you've generated a .diff.gz with those changes. So, in order to create a new
> upstream tarball for version 1.4.5, please do the following steps:

I have to go to a wedding overseas this weekend, so I don't know how
much time I will be able to spend on this. But I will definitely be
able to work on it next week and get it in good shape. This will also
give me time to review the relevant debian documentation and the
links you pointed to.

> 1. Get the tarball swedish_1.4.4.tar.gz and unpack it
> 2. Remove the debian directory and the file "konfigfil"
> 3. Apply the patch from bug #186072
> 4. Do the transliteration of directory and file names
> 5. Rename the top directory from swedish-1.4.4 to swedish-1.4.5
> 6. Create a new tarball with the following command:
>    tar czf swedish_1.4.5.orig.tar.gz swedish-1.4.5
>
> Afterwards, create a new debian directory inside the directory swedish-1.4.5
> and copy the files you already have edited into that directory. Now run
> dpkg-source -b swedish-1.4.5, which should result in a .diff.gz file.
>
> By the way, did you read the Developer's Reference, New Maintainers' Guide,
> and Debian Policy Manual?

I did, but it has been a while. I usually work with the debian-perl
group makeing packages and am more used to that work-flow. I will go
back and re-read the above links as I build the swedish packages.

> They are all linked from www.debian.org/devel/, and
> they contain explanations about differences between Debian native packages
> and "normal" packages. I recommend that you read all those documents.

Will do. I also just received a copy of Martin Krafts debian book
which I will also read for more information about packaging.

 Best regards,

 Jeremiah