Re: RFS: tkgate (updated package)

OoO  En ce  début d'après-midi  nuageux du  dimanche 25  mai  2008, vers
14:22, أحمد المحمودي <aelmahmoudy@users.sourceforge.net> disait:

>> Is the fact that tkgate is  using Tcl/Tk important enough to be included
>> in the short description? For  an end-user software, this is usually not
>> the case: don't say that a software  is written in Python or is using QT
>> as toolkit.
> Ok, fixed.

Short discription  should not start  with a capital. For  tkgate-doc and
tkgate-data, you could append something  like " - documentation" and " -
data files", even if this is obvious from the package name.

>> uscan does not find the version  you are packaging. You should update it
>> to let  him find the correction version.  I think that you  will have to
>> use mangling options too.
> Done. Please check it

Newest version on remote site is 2.0-a11, local version is 2.0~a11.dfsg.1
 (mangled local version number 2.0~a11)

You need  to transform "-" to  "~" (or the  other way) too. You  can use
"uscan --report --verbose" to check yourself.

BTW,  there are  still images  generated by  povray: the  splash screen,
about dialog and  at top right in the main  interface. After reading the
thread  in  debian-legal, here  is  my  opinion:  source of  images  are
provided  in the  prefered  form (povray  sources)  and since  resulting
images are  already shipped,  you don't need  povray to compile  them. I
would  say  that  DFSG  are  respected  and  the  package  respects  the
conditions to  be in main.  It is a  pretty weak argumentation  and only
ftp-master can  tell if they agree with  it or not.

Maybe you should do the following: keep povray sources into orig.tar.gz,
add a notice about the problem in debian/copyright (e.g "Some images are
generated using  povray which is  currently not present in  main. Source
for those images are in  povray/ directory") and upload the package into
main.  ftp-master will  tell  us if  they  think that  images should  be
compiled from source with software in main.

Or you could choose to replace those images with some others.

Thanks.
--
panic("kmem_cache_init(): Offsets are wrong - I've been messed with!");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/mm/slab.c