Re: tesseract-ocr: missing-dependency-on-libc

(List-reply is your friend, I don't need extra copies, thanks.)

On 29/04/2008, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> Ahhh. Thanks. Now it is lintian clean. But I have the following
> warnings. In another package, I fixed similar warning by setting
> LDLOADLIBS in rules. I could set LIBS here, except that
> /usr/bin/tesseract DOES use libtiff, whereas the others don't.
>
> I could try and patch the Makefiles after configure, but that seems
> rather hackish. Is there an elegant way of doing this?

You could try and use LDFLAGS to pass -Wl,--as-needed (linker flags).
But since it could break silently some parts of your build, it shouldn't
be used without -Wl,-z,defs which will help spot possible missing -l$foo
options in intermediate objects (if any). You can pass LDFLAGS to the
./configure script.

Mraw,
KiBi.