Re: tesseract-ocr: missing-dependency-on-libc

Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> You could try and use LDFLAGS to pass -Wl,--as-needed (linker flags).
> But since it could break silently some parts of your build, it shouldn't
> be used without -Wl,-z,defs which will help spot possible missing -l$foo
> options in intermediate objects (if any). You can pass LDFLAGS to the
> ./configure script.

Can -Wl,--as-needed really break anything that can be detected by -Wl,-z,defs?
As I understood from some discussion at -devel, it can't create problems with C
code, it only creates problems on some obscure situations involving C++
constructors/destructors.

--

  Felipe Sateler