Re: tesseract-ocr: missing-dependency-on-libc

2008/4/29 Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
>  > and I even tried manually adding libc too, all without luck.
>
>  DON'T DO THAT.
>
>  There are libc6, libc6.1, libc0.1, and libc0.3 around. You don't want to
>  hardcode it. Ever.

I figured as much, but wanted to see what I could do to change the error.

>  I was about to look into it, but your package FTBFSes with gcc 4.3,
>  patch attached.

Thanks, applied. I'll forward it upstream.

>  While writing the patch, I noticed that upon resume (debuild -b -nc),
>  ./configure gets run again, which is kind of unfortunate (although not
>  that long on a reasonable machine, it's at least inelegant). Oh, and
>  even during a regular build, there's a "configure" even after "make".

Thanks. I'll sort it out.

>  You're calling dh_shlibdeps (see what it does to understand the original
>  error) way too early; it shouldn't be called before dh_install.

Ahhh. Thanks. Now it is lintian clean. But I have the following
warnings. In another package, I fixed similar warning by setting
LDLOADLIBS in rules. I could set LIBS here, except that
/usr/bin/tesseract DOES use libtiff, whereas the others don't.

I could try and patch the Makefiles after configure, but that seems
rather hackish. Is there an elegant way of doing this?

Regards

Jeff

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/cntraining
shouldn't be linked with libtiff.so.4 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/cntraining
shouldn't be linked with libjpeg.so.62 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/cntraining
shouldn't be linked with libpng12.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/cntraining
shouldn't be linked with libz.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/unicharset_extractor shouldn't be linked
with libtiff.so.4 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/unicharset_extractor shouldn't be linked
with libjpeg.so.62 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/unicharset_extractor shouldn't be linked
with libpng12.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning:
debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/unicharset_extractor shouldn't be linked
with libz.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/wordlist2dawg
shouldn't be linked with libtiff.so.4 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/wordlist2dawg
shouldn't be linked with libjpeg.so.62 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/wordlist2dawg
shouldn't be linked with libpng12.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/wordlist2dawg
shouldn't be linked with libz.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/mftraining
shouldn't be linked with libtiff.so.4 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/mftraining
shouldn't be linked with libjpeg.so.62 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/mftraining
shouldn't be linked with libpng12.so.0 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/mftraining
shouldn't be linked with libz.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/tesseract-ocr/usr/bin/tesseract