tesseract-ocr: missing-dependency-on-libc

I'm preparing a package for the new version of tesseract and I have a
small problem:

[...]
dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}
dh_md5sums
dh_builddeb
dpkg-deb: building package `tesseract-ocr' in
`../tesseract-ocr_2.03-1_i386.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package `tesseract-ocr-dev' in
`../tesseract-ocr-dev_2.03-1_i386.deb'.
 dpkg-genchanges
dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
dpkg-buildpackage (debuild emulation): full upload (original source is included)
Now running lintian...
E: tesseract-ocr: missing-dependency-on-libc needed by
./usr/bin/cntraining and 4 others
Finished running lintian.
[...]

I assume that the gencontrol warning is connected to the missing
dependency. I have, though, got ${shlibs:Depends} in Depends, and I
even tried manually adding libc too, all without luck. I have added
dh_makeshlibs and dh_shlibdeps to rules.

Any clues?

I have uploaded what I have done thus far to mentors:

Your upload of the package 'tesseract' to mentors.debian.net was
successful. Sponsors can now download it. The URL of your package is:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tesseract

The respective dsc file can be found at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/tesseract/tesseract_2.03-1.dsc

Thanks for any help

Jeff