Re: RFS: rafb

Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Use “list-reply” and stop
sending mail copies unless someone asks for it.

On 20/01/2008, Moe Smith wrote:
> Hmm, okay, where would I fetch the deb?
> I'm actually running etch (pinned) but with lenny and unstable in my
> sources.list. "apt-get install -t unstable lintian" only gave me the
> lenny version.

I'd say wrong pinning, then. You can use aptitude to choose the version
you want, use “force version” in synaptics, or use “install
lintian=$version” in apt-get or aptitude. See “apt-cache policy lintian”
to get available versions.

> Well, I understand there are concerns wrt maintenance overhead and
> that small packages may be more likely to turn into orphans than, say,
> xorg. Maybe utilities as small as mine (or, say, the flickr-upload
> stuff) are really not worth including.  But otoh I wonder how many of
> the small things can be left out before users start looking for other
> distros :-\

As it has already been pointed out, better group small utilities sharing
the same goal(s) into scripts-bundle packages.

> > Especially if that pastebinit does its job right and supports
> > multiple hosts.
>
> Sure. I'm not religious about this, if pastebinit is better then make
> that one go in. I didn't know about pastebinit when I created rafb
> because I had only checked etch,lenny,unstable and not mentors.  (my
> bad, sorry, I'm new to this)

No problem. I guess that somehow merging all scripts into the same
package, or even into the same script shouldn't be hard, and would make
the whole better.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois