Re: RFS: rafb

On 20/01/2008, Moe Smith wrote:
> I just uploaded a fixed version 1.0-6, my lintian (from lenny) doesn't
> complain about that one anymore. Please let me know if there are still
> problems.

Please always use the latest one. Since it's a Perl-based package, it
shouldn't cause any problem to fetch the unstable package and install it
on your lenny (through “dpkg -i”, for example).

> Well, I'd hope packages are judged by their usefulness, not by their
> size. :-)

> rafb is a one-trick-pony. I created it because I found nothing similar
> in debian. I unfortunately missed 'pastebinit' by David Paleino in my
> search because my first contact with mentors was when I sought a way
> to upload my newly created package...
>
> Anyways, what is the general debian policy about one trick ponies?
> Can multiple alternatives go in or should only one be chosen?

Alternatives aren't an issue. Small (1-script-with-a-single-purpose
falls in the “small” category) packages are usually frowned upon.
Especially if that pastebinit does its job right and supports multiple
hosts.

Cheers,

--
Cyril Brulebois