Re: RFS: terminator

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 02:43:52PM -0500, Nicolas Valcárcel wrote:
> I still looking for a sponsor, can someone take a look at it?

Had a quick look, the following are improvement suggestions:
- the package is not lintian clean:
  W: terminator: package-contains-empty-directory usr/lib/
- binary package terminator is missing ${misc:Depends} as a dependency,
  which never hurts
- debian/watch is using an https:// URL, is that really needed, doesn't
  a http:// URL exist? In the current setting, uscan without
  libcrypt-ssleay-perl won't work

Moreover, I would be happy to sponsor it but I've a personal rule: I
want packages to be on some collaborative maintenance repository. So go
find one (add the proper Vcs-* fields to debian/control) and I'll be
happy to sponsor terminator; if no one fits more precisely your package
go for collab-maint.

About the package itself I'm a bit surprised that no key bindings exist
for splitting horizontally/vertically the terminal window. It is really
dumb: we are all using terminals to avoid the mouse pointer, should I
use it just for the split?  Similarly, how can I move from one split
area to the other? Only with the mouse pointer???

Can you please consider applying a patch to the package which adds key
bindings for the above mentioned actions?

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/